Sunday, October 18, 2009

Top Line Foods

As a stay at home mom, I cook 3 meals a day most of the week. Recently I was browsing Natural AZ and found a company called Top Line Foods. They boast organic, free range, grass fed, hormone free, wild caught... DELIVERED! You know, all the things that are desirable the more we find out about how our food is handled and raised.

The ad said something about a free sample box. I set up an appointment and am SO GLAD I DID!

The first rep that I spoke with was helpful, and friendly, answering the few questions I had. The day before our appointment, I got a call from Tom Gundrum, one of the 3 owners of the company. Apparently the other guy wasn't able to make it, so he was filling in.

The next day, he visited my home, bringing a sample box with steak, salmon, chicken, and burgers. It was nice to see how they packaged their food. Vacuum sealed, and mostly individually wrapped. We went over all of the items they offer, and came up with a menu that would work for our family.

After discussing everything with my husband, and sampling the meats, we decided to give it a try. Tom was flexible with the plans they offer to suit our needs, and we got our first 3 months of food delivered about 2 weeks later.



The fist thing I have to say about their products is the convenience is fantastic. Go to the freezer, grab a meat, and a veggie. The way the meats are frozen allows them to that in about 15 minutes in cold water. THIS IS SUPER COOL! I don't like what microwaves do to meat when thawing, and I rarely plan dinner more than an hour before I want to be eating it.

The second thing is the flavor...
When we sample the meats, we added no salt, or seasonings. Grass fed free range beef... Fantastic. The salmon converted my sister too. She had tried salmon numerous times and never liked the flavor. She was happy to eat this salmon, even without butter, lemon, or salt.

Tonight we had Chicken Tandoori Makhani and green beans with cashews and ginger. 3 chicken breasts from the freezer, and a bag of green beans, I found the Makhani sauce at Big Lots. They often have unusual exotic foods. 30 minutes later, we're eating a fantastic meal that measured up to many restaurants at a fraction of the cost. There was even enough leftover for Jason to take for lunch tomorrow.

Here's a couple of things to know, or consider if you want to try out Top Line Foods.
~ You will still need to go to the grocery store. They do not provide everything an average family eats, mainly not dairy, breads and cereals, and fresh produce. HOWEVER, your grocery bill will probably be reduced because of the elimination of many impulse buys. Another thing to consider is the QUALITY of the food you are getting.

~ You can customize your menu based on what your family eats. You start by crossing off foods you wouldn't want. Then the value of these foods, measured in points, can be applied to other items you want more of.

I'm very happy with it so far. If this sounds like something you might like to try out, give them a call, and enjoy a visit and a sampler of some top line foods.

Wow, I sound like a commercial, and they aren't even paying me :)

Signed,
Andrea, the satisfied customer

No comments:

My Blog List