Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Why are Professional Photographers so Expensive?!"

Putting a price on art is always a tricky thing. Art is valued mostly by the people who appreciate it, and the amount of time, effort, and talent going into different types of art varies vastly.

I was flipping through Professional Photographer magazine and came across this article by Shawn Richter of Caught on Film Photography, in San Diego.

"WHY ARE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS SO EXPENSIVE?"

My first thought was... "Am I?"
After reading this article, I am completely comfortable with the rate I have decided on.

My intentions are to keep my prices low enough that my clients can get photos often, and offer prints at a price that gets most of, or all of their images in their hands.

I also am a dedicated work from home mom with two young kids that I will be home schooling. I am happy to work alone, and keep the amount of hours I work low.

The point is that we all have a place, and a talent that we can share with the world. I'm just one person, doing what I love, and I happen to get paid for it. I am thrilled to be in this place, and to be able to share what I can do with you...

What's your talent?

No comments:

My Blog List